Unique family fun can be found on one of our six canoe trips down the breathtaking natural surroundings of the Brandywine River.
Take your family back to the olden days in legendary Chester County. Where farms co-exist with wildlife and the land remembers the Revolution. With cooling summer breezes touched with the scent of flowers and the calming sound of flowing water you will want to take the entire day to find your way back to Northbrook. It’s not hard to do!
EMBREEVILLE to NORTHBROOK (1 hour trip)
$45 per canoe
(Last departure at 4pm)
CORCORAN’S BRIDGE to NORTHBROOK (1.5 hour trip)
$50 per canoe
(Last departure at 3pm)
HARVEY’S BRIDGE to NORTHBROOK (2.25 hour trip)
$55 per canoe
(Last departure at 2pm)
$20 for 4 or less canoes
$40 for 5 or more canoes
Reservations are required 7 days in advance for weekday trips to these destinations
For longer trips push off from Northbrook and head into Wyeth Country. Tall willows, rocky banks, thick green meadows stretch along the hushed, rolling Brandywine; it is so breathtaking, painters fall in love with it. Don’t forget to paddle through this picturesque landscape. When you reach the end we will be there to take you back to Northbrook. You will be tired but glowing!
Weekday Reservations are required 7 days in advance for these destinations.
NORTHBROOK to CHADDS FORD (4 hour trip)
$75 per canoe
(Last departure at 12 Noon)
NORTHBROOK to SMITH’S BRIDGE (5.5 hour trip)
$80 per canoe
(Last departure at 10am)
NORTHBROOK to THOMPSON’S BRIDGE (6.5 hour trip)
$85 per canoe
(Last departure at 10am)
$50 for 4 or less canoes
$100 for 5 or more canoes
- Listed times are approximate. Everyone paddles at a different rate. You may take more or less time depending on conditions.
- Canoeing is a water sport. Be prepared to get wet as well as having fun.
- No child under 2 years of age will be permitted in our canoes.
- Parties must have one adult per child under 10 years of age.
- Have your own canoe? We are happy to provide the transportation for any of our regular trips.
- Transportation Fee: $40 per canoe
- All canoe trips have a 1-dollar per person fee
- Upstream Deposit
- $20 for four or less canoes
- $40 for five or more canoes
- Downstream Deposit
- $50 for 4 or less canoes
- $100 for 5 or more canoes
20% off Friday for Canoes and Kayaks. (excludes group sales and holiday weekends)
Upstream Trips are Buy One Get One on Tuesdays and Thursdays for Canoes and Kayaks. (excludes group sales and holidays)
Pennsylvania law prohibits watercraft operation while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance. Alcohol and controlled substances are strictly prohibited in our parking lot, picnic areas and watercraft.
Please enjoy a safe trip.