TIPS for a GOOD TRIP
- Beginners should take a shorter trip and should not take small children on their first time out.
- You should always wear footwear and bring a dry change of clothing.
- Bring along a thirst-quenching drink.
- Carry food and belongings in a watertight container secured to the canoe.
- Be courteous to others along the waterway.
- Protect yourself from the sun.
- Use straps for glasses.
- Lock valuables in the car, including electronic devices, as they mix poorly with water.
- Never use drugs or alcoholic beverages on the waterway.
- Respect the neighbors; stay off private property. All banks along the Brandywine are Privately-owned.
- Wear your life jacket at all times.
- Do not litter.
- Enjoy nature, but leave it behind.
- Do not leave canoes or equipment unattended.
- Obey age limits and canoe capacity.
- No large coolers.
- Bring proper ID.
- Stop at your scheduled destination, and please don’t be extremely late!